Saturday, August 1, 2020




Procrastination 

by Advika Vaidhyanathan




Tomorrow I will start my work

Tomorrow I will exercise

Tomorrow I will read a book

Tomorrow I will prioritise. 

 

Yesterday I had a headache

Yesterday I needed a break

Yesterday to start it was too late

Yesterday I had too much on my plate. 

 

Tomorrow will never come

Tomorrow has to be today

Tomorrow is always bothersome

Tomorrow seems so far away.

 

Yesterday always flies past

Today never seems to last

Tomorrow is carefully planned out

But we're always in the mood to flout.

 

Today should be the day we learn

Today the day advice we borrow 

Today the day we become concerned

Today the day, there is no tomorrow. 

🔆

(Advika Vaidhyanathan is a grade 12 student in Gems Modern Academy, Dubai. She is an avid reader, singer and also plays on the piano. She enjoys writing poems and stories in her free time.)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment