Monday, August 31, 2020

 







If Only

by Lakshmisree Raju
Grade 8




If only I could see

Deeply into things

Understand that which no one understands

And Get to know new things 

The things that are never known

I will be famous 

And will be known.


If only I could hear deeply

Into everyone's talks, 

Get to know new secrets

And talks behind my back

I can hear what they are hearing 

Without going near 

I can learn new things that I would have never learnt.


If only I could taste 

Deeply in my food 

And enjoy every moment that I eat

I can try new foods 

That I have never tasted before 

And identify all the ingredients

In just no time.


If only I could think deeply 

On every thought that comes to mind

And understand the inner meaning 

On everything people say 

I can join the bits and pieces of one’s thought

And get all the thoughts together

 to make one clear thought.


What fun would it be 

To own  these powers

And play with them

To amaze people.


No comments:

Post a Comment