Monday, August 31, 2020

 







Fairy Grandmother
by Aaryan Totala
Grade 8




Today, I’ll discuss a very, very special person in our lives. GRANDMOTHERS!!

Firstly, I’ll make this clear that this is my point of view and I don’t think whatever I say will apply to everyone. So, don’t take anything seriously and enjoy yourself.

Honestly, I think that grandmothers are of only one type--sweet, loving, kind, and affectionate. They can be, of course, maternal and paternal. But you can’t differentiate between the two. But, the character of a grandmother can never be destroyed, because they will never stop loving their grandkids. Most authors have described a grandmother in the following ways - kind, gentle, sweet, hard-working, affectionate, gifted, wrinkled, extravagant, gray-haired. The list is endless because that’s how grandmas are. Their description is endless.

I guess authors never had a bad or awful experience with their grandmothers, neither did they ever know a bad, evil grandmother who tortured kids. They make sure not to ruin the grandmother’s character in their novel, because they know that their book will be a flop. So, they never dare to ruin a grandma’s character. I know there are a few books where grandmas portray the evil role, but in the end, it’s revealed how much they love their grandkids.

The role of a grandmother in a person’s life is very different than other people. A grandma is a gift for us which we take for granted.

Having a grandma is great because they bring a lot of joy in your life. Their love is always the same for you. It’ll never change. If you read English novels or Hindi novels, we always come across a grandma. Similarly, in real life too, wherever you go - India, England, the United States of America, Australia, or any other country, the love and affection grandmoms have for their grandchildren, is always the same. They love their grandkids even more than their kids! I know that’s not surprising at all!

The same thing happens with the kids. They love their grannies very much. I say not only grannies but both the grandparents. So much more than their parents! Even if grannies are angry and mad at their grandchildren (which I assure you is very rare and only happens if there is a serious mistake) they make up very quickly, come back to normal and kids and accept their mistake, which is unlikely when other adults like parents, uncles, aunts, and etcetera, scold them. I have never understood why that happens.

Our grandparents become younger staying with us. They enjoy themselves more with us grandkids way more than their kids.

If you read the word grandparents, grandfather, or grandmother, then you might notice the word grand. The word is attached because they are grand, which means they are special from everyone else and play a completely different role in your life. They love being grandparents, and it’s the most satisfying thing in their entire life.

If you ask me, then I’ll say that a grandmother is the sweetest person on EARTH!

I’ll take my grandmother as an example. She’s the sweetest person on earth. She’s the only person who’s never scolded me. I mean she must have some time, but I don’t even remember. She’s encouraged me to do stuff, like write this blog. I don’t want to brag, but my grandmother is seriously different from others.

People say that kids are a form of God, but they are wrong, it’s the grandmothers who are a form of God. I’d rather say, both grandparents are. Which means, I am calling everyone god!

Our bond with our grandparents is something we’d never understand. The bond is a gift to us for which we’ll be in debt forever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment