Sunday, November 1, 2020

 



Kicked Out?
by 
Pavithra Nair

‘Ouch! Oh, majesty it wasn’t me, please let me explain, it’s a misunderstanding,’ I started to plead when the golden doors closed with a big thud and a flaming white light. I fell on the ground crying my eyes out. I looked up into the sky and screamed with rage, ‘How could you do this to me? What have I ever done to you? I have always been with you, but you didn’t trust and just kicked me out? How could you oh great one, How could you?’


That’s when I realized I could feel the grass, I could feel myself alive! I missed this feeling. It’s been a long time. Yes, 60 years is a long time. This place looked very different. It felt new.


I slowly got up and cleared the dirt on my white frock. I ran around the place feeling the fresh air, light, little puddles of water and the birds singing their melody.


I calmed myself, and looked up and said, ‘I ask for your forgiveness Your Majesty, I shouldn’t have screamed at you. I was just upset. It hurt me that you believed the words of a traitor and just kicked me out heaven. Now please tell me, where I am supposed to go and how
am I supposed to live? I have forgotten all the worldly ways.’


I let out a sigh and started walking when the garden on my left 
caught my attention. I went towards it when memories started gushing into my head. Running around this place, sitting in that very bench, collecting lilies, laughing and smiling with my one and only best friend, Lisa. This place had only given me amazing memories except one. That time when He called me up to him.


It night was the strangest night I had ever known. There was smoke 
 all over the place, the sky turned purple, my vision got blurry and a huge hand appeared on the sky, slowly pulling me towards it like a magnet. 


After sometime when I opened my eyes, the site I saw was magnificent! The place I saw was alluring. There were angels flying all over  the  place. I felt some kind of joy which I couldn’t describe. My heart stood still when I saw this gorgeous city. Everyone there seemed happy. No one shed a tear. They didn’t even know what sadness meant. But this happiness didn’t last
long. A 
traitor from hell dressed decently came in to get me  thrown out. He cooked up stories and made me look like the bad guy. I tried to explain myself many times, but the Lord himself
 wouldn’t listen to 
me and he kicked me out.


While I was thinking all of this, I heard someone sobbing. I  turned 
around and found an old woman who seemed to be in her late seventies sitting on that very bench, with her head hung low.


I slowly moved towards her and tapped her shoulder. ‘Hey, are u 
alright?’ I asked.
She looked up, her eyes widening like saucers. She was shivering 
and then suddenly she hugged me tight.


‘It’s you, where had  you been? You know how much I missed you?
You haven’t grown old at all. It’s been sixty years and you still look 
young and beautiful’, she spoke letting go of the hug.


I recognized that voice, I knew that smile. Lisa!


She looked old, with wrinkles all over her face and a bent back. I gave her my biggest smile and told her all that had happened to me, 
 including my eviction from heaven.’


She listened to me carefully and asked, ‘Can’t you just stay here with 
me, why you have to go?’


'I have to, that’s the law of the universe. You must accept the fact that I cannot be 
on earth for long. I know the Lord will take me back soon,’ I said getting up from the bench.


I looked up at the starry sky and saw my star calling me. I gave my 
best friend one last hug and started walking. When I almost reached the end of the road, I shouted, ‘Goodbye my friend. Don’t worry, we will meet again.'


And then the same hand appeared pulling me up again. When I  reached the gate of heaven, I saw the guy who back-stabbed me and got me kicked out welcoming me with a great smile.

That’s when I realized, this was all the Lord’s game.


Not everybody gets a chance to bid goodbye to their loved ones and I 
was one of them. If it weren’t for the traitor who got me kicked out, I couldn’t have met my Lisa who always waited for me, thinking I would come back.


Feeling grateful, I entered heaven again.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment